Training and Development
Education, training and professional development is an opportunity to expand the knowledge of staff, support workers, volunteers, students, carers and private individuals who are involved in the community sector. Research has shown that training and development has several benefits including: increased productivity and job performance, skills development, team development and increased employee engagement and motivation. It also improves the effectiveness of organisations, the individual and the team within them.
Our service provides access to training that people wouldn’t have otherwise known about or sought out themselves. Therefore, our training is based on what the community sector has asked for and it is from this feedback that we have previously offered training in:
- Manual Handling, Safe Food Handling, Bullying and Harassment;
- Cultural Differences involving Communication, Disability, Dementia and End of Life;
- Practical Challenges associated with Dementia, Understanding Dementia;
- Elder Abuse and Advocacy; and
- Recognising and Responding to Behaviours, to name a few.
Most of our training sessions run for 2 to 3 hours depending on topic and are presented at various locations in the Logan – Beaudesert area. For those who would like to attend our sessions, you can reserve a place by contacting us on 0429 935 052 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Watch this space! More training coming soon......